Thursday, April 9, 2009

Out of My Mind: Surviving School Breaks

So my soon to be 7 year old lump of a daughter that has grown attached to my hip these days was taking a bath this morning and says while laughing:
"Mom, sometimes I feel like this isn't happening in my brain right now... giggle, giggle...".
My Response:
"Um, yes Sweetheart. Welcome to Mommy's World."
Spring Break starts today with 11 days off of school.
I will survive.
?
Not.


Ps... Click on over to my serious side... I'm today's contributor over at Real World: Venus vs. Mars.


9 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Susan...my heart is with your these next 11 days! :)

Your post was so good today over at Real World!!! ;)

steenky bee said...

Hold on to these moments and cherish them for several years from now you'll see her on MTV sprink break in Cancun dancing beside a swimming pool.

Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

11 days???! I never got 11 days off growing up.

Good luck.

Swirl Girl said...

Ugh- ours starts tomorrow...

and I am too broke to do anything that costs money...

(if I start feeding them Benedryl now, will they sleep through it?)

Hit 40 said...

I wondered if anyone out there was freaked that their kids would be home for break. Very Good!

The Girl Next Door said...

And welcome to the Positive side of Divorce and kids who go away with their Father for 2 weeks of spring break.....

Katie said...

Is this real life? Why is this happening to me? AHHHHHHHHHH

binks said...

Is it spring break time again? I swear, with no kid in school anymore, I am soooo out of the loop.
Good Luck with that.

binks said...

BTW - your other post rocked!!
What happens when the elephant is your 19 year old?