I've finally been tagged for something. And of all things that I'm being asked to do, this is a doozy for me. I am a chaotically organized person. You will soon see what I'm talking about.
Here's what Dorsey over at http://searchingformyinnerskinny.blogspot.com/ calls a "BAG TAG"... And when I mentioned this to my husband earlier today, I immediately had to explain to to him that "NO HONEY, ... Dorsey's "Bag Tag" has nothing to do with TEA BAGGING"...
My God, men are always thinking about sex in one way or another, aren't they???
Anyway, here's what I am required to do:
1. Dump the contents of your handbag in a pile.
2. Take a photo of your handbag and the contents.
- This caused internal anxiety this morning, but I did it. I also used the opportunity to throw out all the used gum wrappers, old receipts, movie tickets and other crap that's been sitting in there for weeks, in the extreme situation that I might have needed any of it in some emergency or something.
3. Be brave and explain to your fellow bloggers what lurks inside the handbag.
- Wallet, cell phone, pen, tampon that I regularly pull out accidentally to use thinking it's my pen, tickets from our Philadelphia tour of the USS New Jersey ship 2 weekends ago, old movie tickets, lots of gum wrappers, one wrapper with wadded gum, shopping list, things to return to Target list, my daughter's gloves from soccer the night before, empty bank envelope in case I get some money to put back in it???, a loose button, earrings, 3 lip liners, 3 lip glosses, 1 Clinique lipstick I just bought but don't care for, and finally 5, 621 receipts all scrunched up so I won't be able to find them when I need them. Seriously there was a lot of other little shit in there, but it could get quite boring and extremely embarrassing if I continued any longer.
4. Tag others who might want to embarrass themselves.
I will tag the following five to join the club only if they have the time or feel somewhat more organized than me...it's not a hard act to follow, I swear:
- http://crashtestdummydiaries.blogspot.com/ - I just recently have become a regular of CTD. She has a motto "Only boring people have clean houses." I love that. I'd also like to add "Only boring people have clean purses."
- http://binksday.blogspot.com/ - OK, you should really follow this blog. If nothing else, just for her recent "R" rated posting. I love that I'm not the only one to talk smack like this.
- http://floridatransplant.blogspot.com/ - Just a Girl and Her Dogs is hysterical - someone back in the single life, who can talk humor, sex or major politics all the in the same day. And, I am betting her purse might be the cleanest on my list of picks. Hmmmm....
- http://blokthoughtsnmore.blogspot.com/ Shelle at Blokthoughts is another site I now consider a regular stalker of...and she has introduced me to a great many new blogging friends, so for that I thank her. She's also the inventor of the ol' "Don't you Hate It When..." contest which now I think I have my latest entry for: "Don't you hate it when... you get bag tagged on your blog?"
- http://jensjingle.blogspot.com/ My last tag will go to, once again, a new blog I have recently found and visited regularly, Jen at Jens Jingle. She has come up with a great holiday eating schedule to ensure you can gorge yourself at that Holiday Meal and ensure you don't gain weight. Gorge? Me? Perfect.
5. Now, I must answer these questions:
- Describe the contents of your handbag. See number 3 above... too painful to repeat.
- What's the most important thing in your handbag?: Debit card; lip liner and gloss; My get out of free spouse badge if I ever get stopped by the police.
- What's the most embarrassing thing in your handbag?: My tampon - but only when I pull it out at the Target register or in front of my Mexican waiter at Los Tapatios for lunch thinking it's my pen. OH...and the receipt from CondomKingdom for a $12.50 bottle of cherry flavored lube... I SWEAR, it was my first time frequenting such an establishment... yet another Philadelphia stop two weekends ago.
- What's the smallest thing in your handbag?Is there anything illegal in your handbag? A tiny button that belongs to I have no idea what piece of clothing. The lint mixed in with old loose cigarette tobacco fragments from when I used to smoke during nights out lining my current purse bottom should absolutely be illegal.
Have a mentioned no social smoking now for almost 3 months?? Yeah!!!
So for those of you now tagged, I'll be waiting for your pics. And in the meantime I'll simply be thankful that Dorsey didn't "Closet-Tag" or "Minivan-Tag" me. And even more thankful that I wasn't tea-bagged by the hubby recently. But then again, there's always tonight.
Oh God, I hope he doesn't read this for once...