Friday, March 27, 2009

Shit, My Kid is Just Like Me

It's been a rough week here at the "Splendid Blended's". We've had all four kids for the past 8 days, and this chick is ready for her ADULT WEEKEND starting T-O-D-A-Y.

As usual, we had our weekly run in my husband's ex-wife, just like clock work. And I've been venting at night to my husband after all the kids are put to bed, in order to try and understand why this woman is so fucking crazy. Obviously, we'll just never figure that one out.

So during one of my nightly tirades I seem now to remember exclaiming something along the lines of how I could seriously "rip her eyes out". Oh, what joy that would bring.

I thought the kids were sleeping at the time I said this.




Obviously little Sydney wasn't.




Here's how I know:



This is my step-son's valentine's project he gave me which has been adorning our refrigerator for the past month. Do you see the pipe cleaner legs hanging?

Well, it used to have eye balls too. However, last night little Cooper obviously pissed off my youngest Sydney, and decided to "rip its eyes off" because Cooper made her made.

That's what she said, with the biggest, proudest smile this morning.

Shit.

Like Mother, Like Daughter.



14 comments:

MJenks said...

This is why I try to keep rants on the down and low. I learned the hard way one day in the car when my daughter asked if the guy who just cut us off was an asshat.

Yes, yes, honey, he is. Just...don't say that...around Grandmommy and Mommy...'kay?

Moooooog35 said...

Zostovax?

Who had shingles?

"Cookie" said...

Wow! Just goes to show what those tiny ears can hear. Funny though!!!

Swirl Girl said...

This could have gone to a different place, but I'm glad it only went as far as ripping the googly eyes off a paper heart.

Kids are too damned literal.

D'Lynn said...

Isn't it a strange feeling when you figure out that they are you. A couple of times I've listened to them and just say "shit."

D'Lynn said...

Enjoy your "not responsible for 4 little people" weekend.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL...that's too funny!

Sorry you have to deal with EX's...everyone that writes about their spouses ex's never have anything good to say.

Makes me want to stay married just so I don't have to deal with it! lol! :)

My daughter is to far from my personality either....curse my sarcasm!!!

Unknown said...

oh....muahahahahahha.

that is HILARIOUS...good thing you said, rip her eyes out instead of...

well...something worse.

LOL

Dorsey said...

OMG! I'm laughing so hard over here I seriously had to make a mad dash for the bathroom! hahaha

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

You seriously have the coolest kids ever.

Stephanie said...

Ha! Gald you said "rip her eyes out" Could have been much worse! LOL

Unknown said...

I wanted to thank you for stopping by Venus vs Mars. Your comment was wonderful and I'm so jealous! Your relationship sounds fantastic.

Kids always know to listen when we least need them to!

Blonde Goddess said...

Those googly eyes freak me out. If the valentine had those on it, I say good riddance!
(I hate the new Geiko commercial...GOOGLY EYES! GAH!)

Bramblemoon Farm said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa OMG that is so funny...I mean, no that is not good... in our house is sarcasm--my teens are now smart asses, and my husband and I can only laugh because we KNOW where they got it from. What the hell can you do?

I could think of many WORSE things you could have said by the way:)