Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Might Not Have a Job, but I've got amazing friends, and some blogger awards!

So here's to getting back on track, and what better way to make a "laid off " girl feel a little more up in spirits but a couple of "blog" awards!! I want to reach out and thank my dear friend Binks for bestowing these upon me. You have renewed my broken spirit and have helped to put me back on the path to "foul-mouthed talkin" and "keepin' it real". I'll be back in full throttle very soon.

So first, I have been given something called "The Spreader of Love" award. [So much better than being labeled the "Spreader of Herpes", or just a plain ol' "Spreader", right?] And the purpose behind this award was started for those who stick by you "even when we're just not up to blogging par".


And that's the kind of week it's been for me, so I'd like to pass this on to the handful of people that have continued to comment this week even though I've slipped a little in my own responsibility of commenting back:


Swirl Girl


theiNDefatigablemjenks


Jennifer


So please accept this proudly, and thanks for all your support these past few days. And again, to my friends from my real world who don't blog or even know this site exists... those who have reached out, commented, called, visited, e-mailed, bought me alcohol or free meals... thank you too. Seriously, I couldn't be more touched by each and every one of you. [Especially the alcohol part.]


And now for the second award...




The "rules" are:




  • List six things that make you happy.

  • Pass the award on to 5 other bloggers.

  • Link back to the person who gave you the award.

  • Link to the people you are passing it on to, and leave them a comment to let them know.

And while I said I'm not tagging anymore, I'm going to still offer this award to 4 new blogger friends I seriously can't stop clicking on. Don't feel obligated to follow the rules, [I mean, who the fuck follows anything anymore, right?], but please accept this from a new admirer and know that you have seriously helped me get through the past few days with offering humor, off the wall cuss words and or emotional tear jerking posts...


Vodka Mom - OK, OK, so I'm totally NOT a NEW admirer, but she's one of my favorite bloggers to read. She can make you laugh your ass off, and then cry your eyes out. Thanks for sharing your amazing speech to graduating teachers. As a mom, this was absolutely beautiful.


Jennifer - She is one of the funniest bloggers I've seen to date. Her life stories are so real, and then so hysterical. And I can sleep tonight finally learning she actually did NOT drink her own urine. Thank God. And I think our families somehow might be related.


Georgette - Even though this young one reminds me a little too often that I'm old enough to be her mother, there is something special about her honest writing that continuously leaves me wanting more. I am totally routing for you Georgette, and it probably has a lot to do with the fact that you remind me of myself many years ago. You are an extremely strong person. And I love that your foul-mouthed writing makes my nasty language look like church writing. Absolutely love it.


Tattooed Minivan Mom - I had found her when I first started blogging, then lost her and holy shit found her again and immediately copied her to my "Favorite Blog List"! How can you not love someone who describes her husband as the one with "Do Me Eyes", admits to battery operated toys and loves bubble wrap. PLUS, she's giving us an opportunity next week to invite our special someone to guest post on our own blogs! Make sure you check her out!


And once again, I don't expect you to do the whole "List 6 things that make you Happy" part of this, but for my friend Binks, here ya go:


1. Gerber Daisies.


2. The spontaneous times while cuddling with my girls at night before bed when they look at me so deeply and just smile long and hard as if they are transferring all the possible love in the world to only you.


3. My little ones big hole in her mouth right now from so many missing front teeth.


4. The fact that my husband will be returning home from some FBI school in Alabama late Friday night so I can just get naked in bed with him and he can hold me.


5. My family and friends. And especially how unbelievable they are when you need them the most.


6. Lying poolside or on a beach chaise with an ice cold pina colada in my hand. I mean come on, who the hell wouldn't be happy with that?


XO

8 comments:

MJenks said...

I'm here for you. Being that your husband is in the FBI training school and all, please, please, don't feel TOO touched by my sentiments. I mean, I like making enemies and all, but not the ones that can, you know, do stuff to me. Alright? Alright.

Also, I've got some blogs to read. Nothing tickles the inner parts of my soul like people with foul-mouths and the ability to admit to some battery-operated friends.

Swirl Girl said...

I do rock, don't I?

I love that I found you because YOU make me smile even when the chips are down.

and just in case you're wondering...I prefer a mojito to a pina colada....

thanks for the award , i will display it proudly!

Dani said...

Hi Sue,

Just love your blog. You keep me peeing my pants at some of your posts.

Hope you figure out life but in the meantime, enjoy yourself on your well deserved time off. Drink and be merry I say!! Here's to red wine! Cheers!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww...thank you! I'm glad you found me again so I could come find your blog again.

Buck up little camper, go stuff your face with marshmallows and all will be well again.

Cant Hardly Wait said...

OKAY. You may be going on 60, but you look 20. =)


Thank you for the award. Your words mean a lot to me. I will showcase it on my next post.

All sentiments aside...

FUCK IT!

Vodka Mom said...

you are SO fantastic!! Thank you so much.

I think you rock as well, and totally deserve these awards.

Now, where's the champagne? Waiter???

Katie said...

Yeah, I've got to agree with all 6 of those. Especially #6 for some reason...

I'm going to have to create an award for you, something like, "Spreader of coffee spewed out of my nose onto my laptop by unexpected giggles"

binks said...

Susan - you've brought enough laughs and fun to all of us out in bloggy land, those are well deserved. I love you passing those onto the N00Bies.
Now enough with that sweet sh*t.

GF - YOU ROCK!