Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You Know It's Gonna Be A Good Day When...

As a Mom, I've learned to appreciate the little things. And sadly to say, the following little things make this Mommy's day 10-fold:

1. Looking at my kids school menu in the morning [even though I've promised myself I would do this every night before putting the kids to bed] and realizing Crispy Chicken Sandwich is the main entree. YES! Two buyers. No packing lunches last minute. I LOVE ME SOME CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICHES.

2. Knowing that I actually took the time to linger through my girls' dirty hamper to find the one god damn pair of underwear my soon to be 9-year-old will wear with no bother, and the one holeless pair of Hello Kitty socks my 6 year old will wear without crying that the seams bother her, and then taking the time to wash them the night before and most importantly remembering to put them in the dryer before going to bed. This equates to a seriously "golden" morning.

3. Waking up realizing that before I went to bed I forgot to fill the coffee pot for auto brew, only to walk downstairs and discover that hubby made a whole pot of coffee for me before he left for work. And better yet, opening the frig to find a brand new container of sugar-free french vanilla creamer. Nope, not one with 3 drops left. A new, full bottle.


It's days like this my man can ask for whatever he wants... even white trash sex.



11 comments:

Swirl Girl said...

the grace in small things, huh?

Cant Hardly Wait said...

OOO, I want one of those days. Where can I get one?

Moooooog35 said...

Jesus H. Christ.

All I needed to do was refill the friggin' creamer for sex?!?

There HAS to be a handbook of this shit somewhere.

Dr Zibbs said...

What is white trash sex? Seriously, I need to know so I can have my wife do it.

Dorsey said...

OK, you SO need to send me your address so I can send you and wonderful Hubby a "goody basket" teeheehee Send to dorseybell(at)Hotmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

it is the little things in life that keep us going.

binks said...

Sounds like a good day.

Please write Moog a handbook, seems he is having a problem with the missus.

Dr Zibbs said...

No answer?

Susan said...

Mr Zibbs... Unlike moooooog's thought that white trash sex is "banging female relatives", in my own man's mind it's just another creative way to get me in the sack. Pre-shower. No cleaning up or soap involved. That's it. Really NOT that revolutionary. But I suggest to all they try it a couple of times...

ACR said...

Okay - I am for sure coming back here - you are a hoot! Some days all is takes are the little things to make our day... hell, sometimes even if my hubby takes out the trash or thankfully shuts the door when he pees he can get a little nooky! ;)

Katie said...

Oh man, that beats Lennie drinking up all the coffee I made for myself (after he already drank his own pot). I want your day (minus the pink eye that follows)